Englisch Text korrigieren oder umschreiben?

1 Antwort

Vom Fragesteller als hilfreich ausgezeichnet

I came across your blog post about your opinion about Shakespeare's poems. You claim that they are all boring and have strange illusions. I am afraid, I don't have the same opinion and that's why I want to introduce you one of my favourite poems by William Shakespear "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?"

Let me summarize this masterpiece for you: The Sonnet starts with a flattering question "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?". William Shakespeare explains that his love is as beautiful as the best thing in the world, that's why he compares his love with a summer's day. In the next line, he rejects this idea immediately. He says that the beauty of summer is fleeting and that it will eventually be replaced by the harshness of winter. Nevertheless, the speaker also claims that the person’s beauty will be immortalized in the poem, since her beauty will supposedly never fade or die. This special thing about her is what gives her life and it’s a tribute to how couples see their partner as the only one for them.

In my opinion, it is a poem of admiration and adoration, almost certainly the best known piece of Shakespeare’s work. The simplicity and loveliness of this poem is outstanding and one of the main reasons for the poem’s success. The major themes in Sonnet 18 are the timelessness, nature, love, beauty and the death and immortality. I truly believe the main theme is timeless and I specifically enjoy it because it is a deeper topic of immortalization. Lack of time is a theme that has and will affect humans forever and therefore the wish for eternity reflects a universal experience.

Let me know what your opinion about this poem is. Of course, I won't be mad at you but let me know if you have changed your mind. 

Ich habe deinen Text ein bisschen umgeschrieben, bei Passagen, wo ich etwas diverser Schreiben würde. Z. B but, however, nevertheless.

Bei ein paar Sätzen habe ich useful Phrases hinzugefügt Z. B. I am afraid, I don't have... ; I truly believe.

Ich bin auch kein Lehrer aber ich finde deinen Text ganz gut.

WendyKillua 
Fragesteller
 20.04.2023, 14:47

Dankeschön sehr lieb!!