Englische Sprüche und Zitate?
Hallo an alle!
Kennt jemand (bestenfalls englische) schöne Sprüche und Zitate?
Sie sollten nachdenken lassen, motivieren oder lustig sein. Schreibt am besten dazu, von wem das Zitat stammt.
Do what you love and love what you do
be the best Version of yourself
be the change you wish to see
If you play with fire you will get burnt
no Rain no flowers
Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
- Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
- A friend in need is a friend indeed
- A day without a smile is a day wasted (Charlie Chaplin)
- My home is my castle
- Make love, not war
- Give peace a chance
- Such is life
- The ornament of our home are the friends who frequent it
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Always look on the bright side of life!
- When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
- Don’t worry be happy!
- Follow your dreams
- Today is the first day of the rest of your life
- To be or not to be that is the question
- The early bird catches the worm
- Seize the day
- Tit for tat
- Haste makes waste
- I think, therefore I am
- I know that I know nothing
• Don't worry about people from your past, there is a reason they didn't make it to your future
- A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out.
- The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you’ve had.
Don’t go around saying
the world owes you a living.
The world owes you nothing.
It was here first.
- Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
- Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life.
- Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five.
To the barefoot man, happiness is a pair of shoes.
To the man with old shoes, it’s a pair of new shoes.
To the man with new shoes, it’s more stylish shoes.
And of course, the fellow with not feet would be happy to be barefoot.
Measure your life by what you have,
not by what you don’t.
Only when the last tree has been cut down; Only when the last river has been poisoned; Only when the last fish has been caught; Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.
Proverb, American Indian
May I love you, may I be your shield, when no one can be found, may I lay you down?
Zwar weiß ich nicht ob du wirklich damit Zufrieden bist 👆
In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
Google doch mal "Frank Zappa quotes". Der Mann war als Philosoph genau so brilliant wie als Musiker. Da ist für jede Lebenslage was dabei! 😊
Und hier noch ein sehr treffendes von Alfred Lord Tennyson:
"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."