Kommasetzung im Englischen bei einer Ansprechung

6 Antworten

Im Englischen werden Kommas gesetzt, z.B , um nicht-essentielles hinzuzufügen. Also Elemente, die dem Satz die Bedeutung nicht verändern. Siehe:

• ** It is up to you, Jane, to finish.**

• Two hundred dollars, I think, is sufficient.

Es gibt auch im Englischen Fehlinterpretationen ohne Komma. Siehe:

• I knew that President Nixon would resign that morning, because my sister-in-law worked in the White House and she called me with the news.

Without that comma, the sentence says that Nixon's resignation was the fault of my sister-in-law. Nixon did not resign because my sister-in-law worked in the White House, so we set off that clause to make the meaning clearly parenthetical.

Zu deiner Frage, du kannst also wie du siehst, ohne Komma auskommen in deinen Sätzen, dennoch ist es besser eines zu verwenden, da der gebildete Engländer es auch verwendet.

Ich hoffe, dir geholfen zu haben.

Und zur Erheiterung zum Schluss ein Bonmot von Gertrude Stein, möchte ich hier nicht vorenthalten, mit einem Augenzwinkern spricht sie über die Kommasetzung, von der der Englischsprachige nicht soviel Ahnung hat, wie der Deutsche, aber dennoch nicht ohne sie auskommt, wie man bemerkt, enthält ihr Text, trotz des enthusiastischen Gegnertums auch einige Kommata.

Read and enjoy:) * And what does a comma do, a comma does nothing but make easy a thing that if you like it enough is easy enough without the comma. A long complicated sentence should force itself upon you, make you know yourself knowing it and the comma, well at the most a comma is a poor period that lets you stop and take a breath but if you want to take a breath you ought to know yourself that you want to take a breath. It is not like stopping altogether has something to do with going on, but taking a breath well you are always taking a breath and why emphasize one breath rather than another breath. Anyway that is the way I felt about it and I felt that about it very very strongly. And so I almost never used a comma. The longer, the more complicated the sentence the greater the number of the same kinds of words I had following one after another, the more the very more I had of them the more I felt the passionate need of their taking care of themselves by themselves and not helping them, and thereby enfeebling them by putting in a comma. So that is the way I felt about punctuation in prose, in poetry it is a little different but more so … — Gertrude Stein from Lectures in America*

Im Englischen ist die Kommasetzung nicht so streng wie im Deutschen. Im Allgemeinen gilt die Faustregel: Ließ dir den Text laut vor, wenn du an einer stelle eine Pause machst, sollte dort ein Komma stehen.

Ich würde sagen: beide mal ja.

Es, kommt, in, beiden, Fällen, ein, Komma.

Igitta  25.08.2011, 00:11

Sicher nicht. Ich spreche und schreibe perfekt englisch. LG Igitta

Genau weiß ich es auch nicht, aber im Englischen werden allgemein sehr wenig Kommata gesetzt, deshalb denke ich, dass da keins hinkommt.