'apart from that, besides that, moreover' mit Komma?

5 Antworten

Hi.
Anders als Eulenspiegel wäre ich hier überhaupt nicht "in doubt" und würde das Komma setzen.
Die Sprechpause ist klar erkennbar - für mich DAS Argument für die Kommasetzung. (Bei "besides that" würde ich wahrscheinlich auf das "that" verzichten.)

Gruß, earnest

Ich würd ein Komma setzen. Warum? Ich bezieh mich mal auf The Penguin Guide to Punctuation (S. 28f.):

Sometimes a weak interruption comes at the beginning or the end of a sentence. In such a case, one of the two bracketing commas would logicially fall at the beginning or at the end of the sentence - but we never write a comma at the beginning or at the end of a sentence. As a result, only one of the two bracketing commas is written in this case:

All in all, I think we can say that we've done well. I think we can say that we've done well, all in all.

When the weak interruption all in all comes at the beginning of the sentence, it has only a following comma; when it comes at the end, it has only a preceding comma. Compare what happens when the interruption comes in the middle:

I think we can say that, all in all, we've done well.

Now the interruption has two bracketing commas. Regardless of where the interruption is placed, it could be removed to give the perfectly good sentence* I think we can say that we've done well*.

Hallo,

ich schließe mich earnest an.

Im Englischen wird in der Regel vor und nach Konjunktionen sowie adverbialen Bestimmungen ein Komma gesetzt, wenn diese als Hintergrund oder Einleitung für die Aussage im Hauptteil des Satzes fungieren

(siehe: braunschweig-verlag.de/zeichensetzung-deutsch-englisch-vergleich.html)

When an introductory adverbial element seems to modify the entire sentence and not just the verb or some single element in the rest of the sentence, put a comma after it.

(siehe: grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/commas_intro.htm)

:-) AstridDerPu

"If in doubt, leave it out!" ...

Im Englischen sind die Kommaregeln, deutlich entspannter als im Deutschen ... auch wenn in der Schule bisweilen was anderes behauptet wird^^