Lieblingsgedichte Shakespeare

9 Antworten

Vom Fragesteller als hilfreich ausgezeichnet

Mein Liebling ist Sonett 116: Let me not to the marriage of true minds Admit impediments; love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove. O no, it is an ever-fixed mark That looks on tempests and is never shaken; It is the star to every wand'ring bark, Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken. Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks Within his bending sickle's compass come; Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, But bears it out even to the edge of doom. If this be error and upon me proved, I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

Sassileinchen 
Fragesteller
 26.08.2010, 19:33

natürlich, dashatte ich vollkommen vergessen, thx!

Shakespeare in der dt. Übersetzung ist einen Sünde!

To be, or not to be: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep; No more; and by a sleep to say we end The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep; To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub; For in that sleep of death what dreams may come When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, Must give us pause: there's the respect That makes calamity of so long life; For who would bear the whips and scorns of time, The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely, The pangs of despised love, the law's delay, The insolence of office and the spurns That patient merit of the unworthy takes, When he himself might his quietus make With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear, To grunt and sweat under a weary life, But that the dread of something after death, The undiscover'd country from whose bourn No traveller returns, puzzles the will And makes us rather bear those ills we have Than fly to others that we know not of? Thus conscience does make cowards of us all; And thus the native hue of resolution Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, And enterprises of great pith and moment With this regard their currents turn awry, And lose the name of action. - Soft you now! The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons Be all my sins remember'd.

Ist immer noch das Beste für mich.

Vieles, vieles... - aber natürlich Sonett 18:

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day

Thou art more lovely and more temperate

Rough winds do shake the darling buds of may

And summer's lease hath all too short a date

Some time too hot the eye in heaven shines

And often is its gold complexion dimmed

And ev'ry fair from fair some time declines

By chance or nature's changing course untrimmed

But thy eternal summer shall not fade

Nor loose possession of that fair thou ownst

Nor shall death brag thou wanderst in his shade

When in eternal lines thou growst

So long as men can breathe or eyes can see

So long lives this, and this gives life to thee

natürlich "the first encounter", das erste Treffen zwischen Romeo und Julia: Hier schaffte es Shakespeare einen Dialog in Sonett-Form zu schreiben: in 14 Zeilen vom ersten Sehen bis zum ersten Kuss!! (die Zeilenanfänge habe ich durchnummeriert)

R. (1)If I profane with my unworthiest hand (2)This holy shrine, the gentle sin is this, (3) My lips, two blushing pilgrims ready stand, (4)to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss. J: (5)Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, (6)Which mannerly devotion shows in this; (7)For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch. (8)And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss. R: (9)Have not saints lips, and holy palmers,too? J. (10)Ay, pilgrim lips that they must use in prayer. R. (11) Oh then, dear saint,let lips do ewhat hands do. (12) They pray; grant thou, lest faith turn to despair. J. (13)Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake. R. (14) Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take. (Kisses her)

Wie es Euch gefällt. Wahrhaftig, Schäfer, an und für sich betrachtet, ist es ein gutes Leben; aber in Betracht, daß es ein Schäferleben ist, taugt es nichts. In Betracht, daß es einsam ist, mag ich es wohl leiden, aber in Betracht, daß es stille ist, ist es ein sehr erbärmliches Leben. Ferner, in Betracht, dass es auf dem Lande ist, steht es mir an; aber in Betracht, daß es nicht am Hofe ist, wird es langweilig. Insofern es ein mäßiges Leben ist, seht Ihr, ist es nach meinem Sinn; aber insofern es nicht reichlicher dabei zugeht, streitet es sehr gegen meine Neigung. Verstehst Philosophie, Schäfer?

Was bei Hofe gute Sitten sind, die sind so lächerlich auf dem Lande, als ländliche Weise bei Hofe zu Spott dient. Ihr sagtet mir, bei Hofe verbeugt Ihr Euch nicht, sondern küßt Eure Hand. Das wäre eine sehr unreinliche Höflichkeit, wenn Hofleute Schäfer wären.