Wie kann ich den Satz anfangen? In the following, I'm going to..
aus den unendlichen Weiten des Internets:
How to write a characterization
A characterization is a description of all the features that make up a
personality and its development. One can distinguish between two main
- direct (explicit) characterization: the reader is told about a
character’s personality directly by the author, by another character or
by the character him/herself
- indirect (implicit) characterization: the reader is expected to
draw conclusions about a character by studying his/her behaviour,
opinions, choice of words and/or way of talking
Before you start working on your characterization find out how the
character’s personality is revealed in the text. Possibilities:
- through the narrator’s description of his/her outward appearance
- through direct comments on his/her character
- by what he/she does, says or thinks
- by showing what other people think or say about him/her
Then collect the facts from the text and draw your conclusions about the person’s character! Look for…
- name, age, figure, clothes, height, sex
- language, nationality, general impression
- social background, family, kind of friends, profession
- what he/she does and says
- his/her behaviour (e.g. toward other characters) and actions
- thoughts, dreams, emotions, attitudes
- what other people say/think about him/her
Move from the outward features to the inward features/nature when
writing your characterization. Do not forget to work with the text by
using text reference and give examples for your findings, especially
when you are working on the last four categories mentioned above.
Basically present tense is used in characterizations.
Ein weiterer guter Link: schulzeug.at/deutsch/sonstige/54-anleitung-zum-schreiben-einer-charakterisierung.
Beispiele und Einleitungssätze findest du, wenn du bei Google - how to write a characterization examples eingibst und den Links folgst, z.B. diesem hier: literarydevices.net/characterization/
PS: Unter folgendem Link findest du eine Vokabelliste mit character traits:
... characterize the protagonist (name)?