Bread on the water Charakterisierung Andy
hat jemand so schnell es geht eine Charakterisierung von der Figur "Andy" In der Kurzgeschichte" Bread on the water" von David Lubar auf Englisch?? Das würde mein Leben retten :))
Ich habe dir soeben eine Charakterisierung geschrieben....Bitte mach deine zukünftigen Hausaufgaben selber oder lass ein schwarzen es für dich erledigen...
In the following I'm going to charcterize Andy, the protagonist of the story 'Bread on the water' by David Lubar, which deals with the topic of making a difference.
Andy is a boy visiting the church with his parents, where he's sitting in the back with his best friend Andy. He isn't really interested in the sermon, he even sais things like 'we're doomed' about it, but when Andy starts to behave badly, he gets quite nervous, looks around if people aren't watching them and regrets to be sitting there. He's quite egoistic and not very matey with Andy, which becomes apparent when he insists on not having done anything towards Assistant Pastor John who banishes both of them from church. Even while leaving, he doesn't stop looking around if somebody has seen them. All that makes me think about his reasons for such a behaviour - is he just scared of getting in trouble with his parents or doesn't he want people to think badly about him?
But throughout the story, he changes. First, when a bum appears in front of him and Andy, he is disgusted. He is full of prejudices, thinks that all bums spend the money they get for alcohol and wants to tell the guy to leave them alone. When Andy decides to buy some food for him, Andy even thinks about splitting. He also isn't very happy about having to pay for his food. But after some time spent with the man, he starts to think about him and his situation and feels really glad about having a loving family. He begins to talk to the bum and dares to look at him. And after Andy gave a big tip to a waitress which really wasn't friendly with them, he thinks about her working hard, too.
In my opinion, Andy all together is first a very negative character, but throughout the story he improves. In the end he understands something very important - that there are people outside, who have a harder life than he and that he can help them. Symbollically, he throws a dollarbill out of the window, so someone who really needs it, can find it.
aus den unendlichen Weiten des Internets:
How to write a characterization
A characterization is a description of all the features that make up a personality and its development. One can distinguish between two main methods:
• direct (explicit) characterization: the reader is told about a character’s personality directly by the author, by another character or by the character him/herself
• indirect (implicit) characterization: the reader is expected to draw conclusions about a character by studying his/her behaviour, opinions, choice of words and/or way of talking
Before you start working on your characterization find out how the character’s personality is revealed in the text. Possibilities:
• through the narrator’s description of his/her outward appearance
• through direct comments on his/her character
• by what he/she does, says or thinks
• by showing what other people think or say about him/her
Then collect the facts from the text and draw your conclusions about the person’s character! Look for…
• name, age, figure, clothes, height, sex
• language, nationality, general impression
• social background, family, kind of friends, profession
• what he/she does and says
• his/her behaviour (e.g. toward other characters) and actions
• thoughts, dreams, emotions, attitudes
• what other people say/think about him/her
Move from the outward features to the inward features/nature when writing your characterization. Do not forget to work with the text by using text reference and give examples for your findings, especially when you are working on the last four categories mentioned above.
Basically present tense is used in characterizations.
(siehe: wiki.answers.com/Q/How _ do _ you _ write _ a _ characterization _ essay; die Leerschritte vor und nach den Unterstrichen musst du rauslöschen.)
PS: Unter folgendem Link findest du eine Vokabelliste mit character traits: