Was Bedeutet der Songtext von Mama von Genesis?

3 Antworten

seine mutter ist wahrscheinlich vor kurzem verstorben. er ist allein in der hecktischen welt. er vermisst sie. klagt sie etwas an das sie ihn allein lies und ihn nicht trösten kann. und er sie nicht sehen kann obwohl sie eigentlich noch überall mit bei ist (wie die leute immer so schön sagen, das man die toten nicht mehr sehen kann das sie aber immer bei einem sein werden). alles andere sind schilderungen seiner situation das er nicht klar kommt, sie vermisst und es ihn fertig macht allein ohne trost durch diese welt zu gehen.

Ich habe eine Seite bei Wikipedia zu diesem Song gefunden (in englisch). Phil Collins erklärt den Sinn des Songs. -> Es geht um einen jungen Mann der zu einer Prostituierten geht und in ihr die Mutter sieht. ->

"The song's theme involves a young man's longing for a particular prostitute. On the DVD The Genesis Songbook, the band and producer Hugh Padgham revealed that the inspiration for Collins's laugh came from rap music pioneer Grandmaster Flash's song "The Message".

From the 1983 Genesis Three into One Wavelength 3-LP vinyl radio show interview:

Our manager, when he first heard it, thought it was about abortion, the kind of feeling of the, you know, the fetus, if you like, saying to the Mother 'Please give me a chance, can't you feel my heart, don't take away my last chance', all those lyrics are in the song but in fact what it is, is just about a young teenager that's got a mother fixation with a prostitute that he's just happened to have met in passing and he has such a strong feeling for her and doesn't understand why she isn't interested in him. It's a bit like [British actor] David Niven in The Moon's a Balloon, I don't know if you've read that book, he's very young, just come out of cadet college or whatever, and he meets this quite, you know, 45-year-old prostitute who he has a fantastic time with. He's special to her but it definitely can't go any further than what it is and that's really what the song is about, with sinister overtones.
— Phil Collins"

Ist übrigens vermutlich autobiografisch