Bitte korrigieren / Verbesserungsvorschläge; Host-Family Letter / Student's letter of Introduction

...komplette Frage anzeigen

3 Antworten

Dear host family,

First of all, I want (besser: would like) to thank you for reading my letter and being interested in taking me in your family for half a year.

Now I want (besser: would like) to introduce myself. My name is Sarah and I am 15 years old.

I live together with my family, which consists of my parents and my 12-year old brother Tobias. I have a good relationship to my family and we all get along well. We sometimes do things together on the (= AE; at = BE) weekend and we spend our holidays together. The best thing in the holidays is that we usually **go to Italy, Austria or Switzerland for two or three weeks in the summer to spend our time on a camping site. We do a lot of things like swimming, minigolf, hiking, or we play games together. Sometimes me and my brother don't want to go hiking and stay on the camping site and do other things. When we want to visit my grandparents we have to go by car for one hours, so we sometimes visit them on weekends.

As my other grandmother lives very close to us, I see her a lot and she means a lot to me. I like to talk to her and we do things together like eating icecream, going into a café, or -- go shopping.

Moreover, I often spend time with my friends. We often meet and **(----) we sometimes go shopping, swimming, to the cinema, and on the weekends we sometimes sleep over. My friends are as important for me as my family.

Currently, one of my friends is in New Zealand, **where she stays there for a year. I skype with her every 2 weeks. The things she tells me are very interesting, so I am looking forward to being in the USA. I want to spend half a year abroad because I think going to school in a foreign country is an unique experience that will influence my life and that I will never forget. I want to get to know a new culture, new people, and I want to integrate in these new world and family. I want (besser: would like) to get to know new things, and I wouldn't mind if my host-family was completely different to my family here.

I want (besser: would like) to go to America because I liked the things I was told about by other students. I also think that the American school system is better than ours. In Germany, school is quite boring / a tedious and boring task, lacking the American school spirit. Additionally, I want (besser: would like) to improve my English.

I do Yoga once a week in a group, and I go to the scout group once a week. I also play the guitar, but I don't take lessons. My girlfriend and I (s.u.) tought it ourselves. I know only some chords so that I can play the guitar and sing to it. I play by ear the songs I currently like, and I don't sing very well. It's just for fun. I also have a job at a drugstore, I take medicine to ill people once a week. A year ago, I went to /attended a babysitter course, where I learnt many things and where I got a diploma / certificate. I like children, but I do not babysit kein Komma because I already have a job. I am reliable, open-minded, forgiving, empathetic / sensitive (= einfühlsam), self-confident and curious. Since I was a kid, I have always wanted to have a dog, ... . but my parents didn't agree to have one**. That’s why** I sometimes walk my girlfriend's dog. I like all kind of pets and I have a hamster. I also had rabbits and mice, and my brother has guinea pigs. I don't have to do a lot in our household. I clean my room and my bathroom (in the attic), wash my own clothes, towels and bed linen, and sometimes I set / lay the table or put the dishes into the dish washer. My current school is the Freiherr-vom-Stein-Gymnasium with ca. 1,000 students. I'm in the 9th grade now, so I have had about 6 years of English now. My favorite subjects are Sports, English, Spanish and Biology. I prefer languages to natural sciences, and I also like subjects like art, but we currently do not have art. Next year, we will have courses and I wanna (= Slang für want to; besser: would like to) choose Italian, Pedagogy and Philosophy. After my graduation, I could imagine to study and become a teacher, but I'm not sure.

I hope you could get an impression of me and my life.

I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Ich hoffe, ich habe nichts übersehen.

:-) AstridDerPu

Irgendwo habe ich mal (s.u.) vermerkt und dann aber unten nichts geschrieben.

Ob es You and I oder you and me heißen muss,

hängt davon ab, wo ’you and your friend‘ im Satz stehen.

Umgangssprachlich wird oft ’me‘ verwendet, wo gemäß der Grammatik ’I‘ verwendet werden muss, besonders wenn ‚eine weitere Person ins Spiel kommt.

Manche Leute verwenden ’I‘ statt ’me‘, weil sie wissen, dass ’me‘ manchmal falsch ist, aber nicht wissen warum.

Wieder andere greifen auf ’myself‘ zurück, was sich ziemlich geschwollen anhört.

Es ist aber ganz einfach:

Ich bin das Subjekt des Satzes,

aber das Objekt des Satzes ist ‚mir oder mich

Auf Englisch:

’I‘ am the subject of the sentence,

but the object of the sentence is ’me‘.

Im Zweifelsfalle, streiche einfach ’you‘ aus dem Satz.

Beispiele:

Me and you went to a restaurant last night. (falsch)

I and you went to a restaurant last night.

You and me went to a restaurant last night. (falsch)

You and I went to a restaurant last night.

Peter has asked me and my husband.

Peter has asked I and my husband. (falsch)

Peter has asked my husband and me.

Peter has asked my husband and I (falsch)

Übrigens ist es grammatikalisch nicht besser oder richtiger ‘you and I’ statt ‘I and you’ zu sagen. Es ist nur höflich.

Das habe ich irgendwann mal aus dem Internet übersetzt, weil ich die Erklärung so einleuchtend finde.

Alles klar?

:-) AstridDerPu

PS: Umgangssprachlich üblicher ist aber die Verwendung des Personalpronomens im object case (You and me) statt im grammatikalisch korrekten subject case (You and I)

Oha voll lang was das

Hahahahah

... but my parents didn't want to have one, so I sometimes walk my girlfriend's dog. I like all kind of pets and I have a hamster. I also had rabbits and mice, and my brother has guinea pegs. I don't have to do a lot in our household. I clean my room and my bathroom (in the attic), wash my own clothes, towels and bed linen, and sometimes I cover the table or put the dishes into the dish washer. My currently school is the Freiherr-vom-Stein-Gymnasium with ca. 1000 students. I'm in the 9th grade now, so I had roundabout 6 years english now. My favorite subjects are sports, english, spanish and biology. I like langueges rather than natural sciences, and I also like subjects like art, but we currently do not have art. Next year we will have courses and I wanna choose italian, pedagogy and philosophy for example. After my graduation I could imagine to study and become a teacher, but I'm not sure.

I hope you could get an impression of me and my life.

I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Warm regards,

Sarah

Was möchtest Du wissen?