Bedeutung von ITS NO GOOD von DEPECHE MODE

2 Antworten

Vom Beitragsersteller als hilfreich ausgezeichnet

SCHAU MAL HIER: Of all the members of Depeche Mode, none would self-combust as hard and heavy as Dave Gahan. Some highlights, or low lights if you will, include suffering a small heart attack during a performance in New Orleans in October 1993 (leaving the band to do an encore without him); a feigned suicide attempt by slashing his wrists in August 1995; and then an overdose on a “speedball” (intravenous mix of heroin and cocaine) on May 28, 1996 that resulted in his heart stopping for two minutes until he was revived by paramedics. In fact, during his roughest years, paramedics nicknamed him “The Cat” in tribute to his survival of his many near-death incidents. Of that fateful “speedball” incident, from Rock and Redemption – Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode, posted on May 17, 2012 by Earth Energy Reader, Gahan admitted “I had a strong feeling that what I was doing was very wrong. I remember having a feeling of it was maybe too late – give me another chance. I remember looking right in the eyes of the guy who was with me at the time and I thought: ‘Oh f*ck, I’ve really done it this time.’ And basically wanting to live. I really had a strong feeling I wanted to live.” Upon Gahan’s negative reaction to the “hit”, the dealer, fearing arrest, did not call an ambulance and, instead cleared up any evidence and fled.By the time the medics arrived, Dave had turned blue and gone into cardiac arrest. His heart stopped on the way to the hospital. After the “speedball” incident, Gahan entered a court ordered drug rehabilitation program to battle his cocaine-heroin addiction. When he completed his rehabilitation the band held recording sessions and completed the Ultra album, releasing it in April 1997. The two singles, “Barrel Of A Gun” and “It’s No Good”, hinted at what the life and times of Dave Gahan may have been like during those dark brushes with addiction and deathttps://flink.to/stories/538f3d283814521cb400003700037)