"My parents and me?" Oder "My parents and I"?

4 Antworten

Vom Fragesteller als hilfreich ausgezeichnet

Hallo, 

ob es You and I oder you and me heißen muss, hängt davon ab, wo ’you and your friend‘ im Satz stehen.  (Ersetze You durch My parents.)

Umgangssprachlich wird oft ’me‘ verwendet, wo gemäß der Grammatik ’I‘ verwendet werden muss, besonders wenn ‚eine weitere Person ins Spiel kommt. 

Manche Leute verwenden ’I‘ statt ’me‘, weil sie wissen, dass ’me‘ manchmal falsch ist, aber nicht wissen warum. 

Wieder andere greifen auf ’myself‘ zurück, was sich ziemlich geschwollen anhört. 

Es ist aber ganz einfach: 

Ich bin das Subjekt des Satzes, aber das Objekt des Satzes ist ‚mir oder mich

Auf Englisch: 

’I‘ am the subject of the sentence, but the object of the sentence is ’me‘.

Im Zweifelsfalle, streiche einfach ’you‘ aus dem Satz. 

Beispiele:

Me and you went to a restaurant last night.       (falsch

I and you went to a restaurant last night. 

You and me went to a restaurant last night.       (falsch

You and I went to a restaurant last night. 

Peter has asked me and my husband. 

Peter has asked I and my husband.       (falsch

Peter has asked my husband and me. 

Peter has asked my husband and I         (falsch

Übrigens ist es grammatikalisch nicht besser oder richtiger ‘you and I’ statt ‘I and you’ zu sagen. Es ist nur höflich. 

Das habe ich irgendwann mal aus dem Internet übersetzt, weil ich die Erklärung so einleuchtend finde. 

Alles klar? 

Siehe auch: learnersdictionary.com

When to use "I" and when to use "me" | Ask The Editor

3 Minuten

Ask the Editor

Question

When to use "I" and when to use "me"

Answer

Question

Pat from Australia asked: Which of the sentences below is correct and why?

• Jill took Justin and I to the shop.
  • Jill took Justin and me to the shop.

Answer

This is a part of a bigger question that troubles both learners and native speakers of English: when to use I and when to use me

The difference between I and me

Both I and me are 1st person singular pronouns, which means that they are used by one person to refer to himself or herself. I is the subject pronoun, used for the one "doing" the verb, as in these examples:

• I am studying for a Russian test. (I is the subject of am studying.)
  • I can speak Russian, but I can't read it very well. (I is the subject of can speak and can’t read.)

Me is the object pronoun, used as the object (or receiver) of the action of the verb, as in these examples:

• My math teacher encouraged me to come for extra help after school. (Me is the object of encouraged.)
  • She asked me to bring my homework. (Me is the object of asked.) 

The confusing part

What gets confusing for many people is which form to use when there are two subjects or objects linked with and, as in these examples:

a. Jenny and me/I (?) joined the chess club.

b. Jill took Justin and me/I (?) to the shop.

In sentence a), Jenny and me/I are the subjects of the verb joined. Therefore, the subject pronoun, I, is considered correct. You will certainly hear native speakers say, “Jenny and me,” and it may be acceptable in spoken English, but most traditional grammarians and English teachers will disapprove. Don’t use it in writing.

The opposite is true for sentence b), which is the original example from above. Justin and me/I are the objects of took. Therefore me is considered correct by most grammarians and teachers, although you will hear people say, “Justin and I.” Again, don't use it in writing.

Hint

If you’re having trouble deciding which one to use in a particular sentence, here's a hint: Take out the other person, and it should be clearer. You are not likely to be tempted to say, “Me joined the chess club,” or “Jill took I to the shop.”

:-) AstridDerPu

PS: Umgangssprachlich üblicher ist aber die Verwendung des Personalpronomens im object case (You and me) statt im grammatikalisch korrekten subject case (You and I)

PPS: Mein Freund Koschutnig pflegte zur ugs. üblichen Verwendung des Personalpronomens im object case statt im grammatikalisch korrekten subject case zu kommentieren: 

- Sb. knocks at Saint Peter's door.

- St. Peter: "Who is it"?

- Voice outside: "It is I."

- St. Peter: "Oh, another one of these damned schoolmasters! Go to hell!"

Arlecchino  06.11.2021, 19:30

Es ist natürlich die mit Abstand beste Antwort.

Allerdings fand ich den Sachverhalt bereits nach einem Viertel der Antwort klar und vollständig erklärt. Die ganze Antwort fand ich im doppelten Sinne erschöpfend.

ToastmitHonig 
Fragesteller
 07.11.2021, 00:16

Ausführlicher hätte man es nicht beschreiben können - vielen Dank!

Nach meiner Kenntnis ist beides möglich. Ich persönlich benutze an dieser Stelle 'me' (aber ich bin ja kein Muttersprachler).

Wenn der Satz 'weitergehen' würde, dann benutzt man 'I'.
Zum Beispiel:

Meine Mutter und ich waren im Garten. = My mother and I were in the garden.

ToastmitHonig 
Fragesteller
 06.11.2021, 19:21

Vielen Dank für diese Erklärung!

Genau diese Meinung habe ich auch.

Von Experte AstridDerPu bestätigt

Beides ist möglich; "... and me" wird meist als umgangssprachlich empfunden.

Auch in einem "informal letter" würde ich hier "... and I" schreiben. Aber das kann man natürlich auch anders handhaben.

Am Satzanfang würde auch ich vielleicht zu "Me..." greifen. Aber nur dann, wenn ich mich als "Esel zuerst nenne".

;-)

Gruß, earnest

In casu würde ich „Me and my parents“ sagen…

“My parents and I” sagt man i.d.R dann, wenn wenn der Satz anschliessend noch weitergeht.

-> My parents and I were sitting in the garden.

Liebe Grüsse ☀️💋☀️