Kann mir das jemand erklären?

3 Antworten

Vom Fragesteller als hilfreich ausgezeichnet

"Wie kann ich Homophob sein, meine "b*tch" ist lesbisch"

Mit bit*h meint er seine Freundin.

Also wie kann er was gegen Schwule oder Lesben haben, (eben homphob) wenn seine Freundin selber Lesbisch ist.

Woher ich das weiß:eigene Erfahrung
Maksimoo46 
Fragesteller
 23.03.2023, 21:16

Danke

Spielt auf die klassische Ausrede: "Ich bin nicht homophob/rassistisch - ich habe homosexuelle/schwarze Freunde" an.

Cench implies his girlfriend is bisexual or pansexual, which he brought up more explicitly on “Meant To Be”:

I’m high profile but my girl lowkey
She swing both ways, LGBT

The argument Cench is using here, sometimes referred to as “honour by association,” suggests that proximity to someone of a marginalised community is enough to absolve oneself of any perceived prejudice towards that group.

Homophobia in hip-hop is a long-standing issue and topic of debate in the genre. Eminem, for example, has often come under fire for his use of homophobic slurs.

In the Genius Verified episode, Cench explains his real life bisexual ex-girlfriend who inspired the line:

It is literally what I say, I’m not homophobic. My girlfriend is bisexual. She was, like, the first, like, proper gay person who I really communicated with. I feel like homophobia is almost embedded in the culture, rap music, even in the hood. It’s embedded in us – kind of shun upon, which I don’t think is right. I wanna' add in, bro, homophobia I think it’s so weird. You see when I see people moving so hateful towards it. Like, why do you care what other people are doing, bro? I don’t know, that’s a “you” problem, that’s so crazy. So, I’m definitely against homophobia.