2. Join the following sentences using a participle construction, and a correct preposition where necessary.
1. Amelie was criticized by her strict parents. She did not pass her French exam.
2. She worked as an au pair for a family in Bordeaux for three months. She learnt more French than ever at school.
3. She learnt a lot of new words. She wrote them on cards and stuck them on her wall.
4. She learnt the language. She also learnt a lot about the people and the country.
5. Amelie wrote to her French teacher. She thanked her for helping her to find the job as au pair in Bordeaux.
6. The family hoped to get Amelie to return. They offered to take her with them in the summer holidays to a French island.