Wenn ich als deutscher Tourist nach Kanada gehe, kann ich die Grenze zu den USA überschreiten?

3 Antworten

Vom Fragesteller als hilfreich ausgezeichnet

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1258?language=en_US

Du brauchst ein genehmigtes ESTA.

Effective October 1, 2022, all Visa Waiver Program (VWP) travelers intending to enter the United States by land will be required to obtain an approved Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to application for admission at land border ports of entry.
CBP encourages travelers to apply for a travel authorization at least 72 hours in advance of their anticipated arrival at a U.S. land port of entry.  
VWP travelers intending to travel to the United States by land, sea or air must receive a travel authorization prior to application for admission to the United States and continue to pay the $6 I-94W fee provided for in 8 CFR 103.7, unless entering within the 90-day admission period.
The I-94 can be filed for $6 through the CBP One mobile application, which provides a more convenient way for travelers to apply for an I-94 up to seven days prior to arrival, review their past travel history, check their I-94 expiration date and obtain proof of their electronic I-94 from their mobile device. The application can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. CBP requires travelers to obtain an approved ESTA and apply for the I-94 by using the CBP One or the CBP I-94 website and avoid filling out the Form I-94W at a port of entry.

Eine Impfung gegen Covid-19 brauchst du auch.

stufix2000  03.06.2023, 12:22

Danke für den Stern ⭐️‼️

Dad ist möglich, aber man braucht ein gültiges ESTA oder Visum. Im Gegensatz zu den Grenzen zwischen Deutschland und den meisten Nachbarländern gibt es dort strikte Grenzkontrollen.

Woher ich das weiß:eigene Erfahrung – Ich möchte in die USA auswandern 🇺🇸
Unduso2 
Fragesteller
 18.03.2023, 21:30

Also wenn ich jetzt aber für touristische Zwecke nach Kanada reise für weniger als 6 Monate, sagen wir 2 Wochen, müsste ich trotzdem ein Visa oder ESTA für die USA beantragen um dort nur ein oder zwei Tage zu sein?

Du kannst „normal“ über die Grenze. Beim Grenzübertritt per Land brauchst du kein Esta und auch kein Visum. Nur geimpft musst du sein.

stufix2000  19.03.2023, 17:17

Schau mal die Änderung aus dem Oktober 2022 an.