Oculus Rift S trotz IPD von 70?

1 Antwort

Ich habe gehört, dass man bei der Rift S den Abstand der Linsen nicht einstellen kann

Das ist richtig. Der Abstand der Linsen selbst kann nicht verändert werden. Meta tickst da etwas mit der Software, jedoch ist das nicht so gut wie ein richtiger IPD Slider, der die Linsen selbst verstellt.

werde ich Probleme haben, oder ist das egal?

Du wirst Probleme haben. Einige Personen, die eine IPD von 69 haben, sagen, dass sie die VR-Brille zwar benutzen können, jedoch nicht alles klar und deutlich sehen können. Wie das mit einer IPD von 70 ist, kann ich dir leider nicht sagen. Hier ein paar Ausschnitte von der Erfahrung einer Person mit einer IPD von 69:

I'm 69 and it's challenging to see clearly easily, but I can still use the headset. You just won't see clearly in both eyes at the same time. You may have to adjust your headset a lot depending on what you want to see clearly. That may not matter that much in games but if you're trying to read text or menus, you won't do that as easily as if you wore a headset like the Quest which has an adjustable IPD control.
Bottom line. I can make the Rift S work with a 69 IPD because I've lived with the problem going back to the Gear VR days. I got used to not being able to see clearly. But I guess that with a 70 IPD, your problem may be worse. And I think there may be a point, perhaps in the 70s, where a headset may be unusable -- such as if IPD was 75, 76, etc. Or maybe 72 might do it. I don't know. I only know 69.
Answer - You will encounter problems as in .. you won't see as clearly in both eyes at once as someone who has an IPD within the range that the Rift S supports. If you get a chance to wear a headset that has no IPD control, see if you can wear someone's Quest. You'll be amazed at how clearly you'll be able to see in a Quest compared to what you see in a headset that has no IPD control, such as the Rift S.