kann mir jemand erklären wann man somewhere/anywhere oder sometime/anytime benutzt?

2 Antworten

Somewhere refers to a specific place while anywhere refers to, well, any place. However, it is one of the endearing (or frustrating) traits of English that those two can mean the same thing at the same time. Sometimes.In 

The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy sings of "Somewhere over the rainbow," which refers to a specific place of happiness she might someday visit. She is imagining a single location.

In the song "Anywhere I Go" the neo-ska / permanently stoned band Slightly Stoopid talks about "Anywhere I go I choose to be with you," meaning wherever "I" go, be it Kalamazoo or Djibouti, "I" will choose to be with "you". This could be any location.

/forum.wordreference.com/threads/sometime-anytime.1966585/:

Are you free sometime/ anytime next week?

"Anytime" is just a shorter way of saying "at any time". 

"Sometime" is a shorter version of "at some time". Both work fine in your question. You can use adverbs in questions and negative statements that aren't formed with "any":Do you sometimes have doubts? Should I call you sometime next week?You are right that "any" is generally used in negative statements about things:Do you have any/some time? No, I don't have any right now. (I couldn't use "some" idiomatically in my answer here)This pattern doesn't apply to the adverbs "sometime" and "anytime" in your question, though.

Für sometime ist das auch ganz gut:

engvid.com/vocabulary-sometimes-always/

Somewhere - He must be somewhere. -> Lässt darauf schliessen, dass der Gesuchte irgendwo sein muss. Ein normales "irgendwo"

Anywhere - He could be anywhere! -> Sehr unbestimmt und vielleicht verzweifelt. Das "irgendwo" mit negativem Hintergrund.

Sometime - Manchmal

Anytime - Zu jeder Zeit

Some und any kann man problemlos in Fragen verwenden:

Do you have some/any?

I do have some. <- Ist ok.

I don't have some. <- Ist nicht ok.

I do have any. <- Ist ebenso nicht ok.

I don't have any. <- Ist wiederum ok.

Wie du siehst, wird any meist in negativen oder verneinenden Sätzen bzw. Äusserungen verwendet. Ein some hingegen ist positiv, bejahend und findet in normalen Äusserungen Verwendung.

(Korrigiert mich falls ich falsch liege)

electroomlinson  23.08.2015, 06:28

Gute Erklärung jedoch musst du beachter dass der / die Fragesteller/in nach anytime und nicht any fragt und diese zwei Sachen eine andere Bedeutung haben. Anytime -> You can come over at anytime. "Du kannst jederzeit vorbeikommen." Anytime -> jederzeit.

GrimNature  23.08.2015, 06:32
@electroomlinson

Ist mir sogleich aufgefallen und konnte ich auf die Schnelle noch ändern - da ist mir wohl ein Fehler eingeschlichen haha. Danke!

Da ist mir noch ein Fehler passiert:

Sometime bedeutet "irgendwann" und nicht "manchmal", das wäre dann sometimes.