Wie bildet man participle constructions?

17.09.2020, 17:40

Leider ist das nicht lesbar deshalb hier einmal was da steht:

4 a) Participles are often used when writing formal texts. You can shorten your text and adopt a more formal style by replacing subordinate clauses with participle constructions. The following text is from a student commenting on the legal age limit for voting in UK elections. Rewrite the introduction and replace subordinate clauses with participle constructions if necessary:

After reading the results of the latest poll on "Young Generation Political Engagement", I was quite angry. Obviously, we should be very concerned about young people who show no interest in politics and society. One way to increase the political participation of future generations is to lower the legal minimum age for voting. This would also support young people who want to get involved. Unfortunately, experts suggesting a legal age limit of 16 seem rarely heard. I will make some arguments as to why young people between the ages of 16 and 18 are allowed to vote. 

b) Rewrite the following argument in the same comment and use participle constructions only when appropriate. Attention: The order of words and the structure of sentences can change. The rights and freedoms of young people between the ages of 16 and 18 are very contradictory. While they are allowed to work, they are still denied the right to vote in elections in England. Immaturity is often the reason given. However, young people doing an internship need to be disciplined and well organized. In addition, some young people complete vocational training before the age of 18. Although these young people work and earn their own in adulthood, lowering the legal age limit for voting would also increase the political participation of future generations. I know several people my age who are very interested in politics. They get discouraged because they are too young to choose. This leads to apathy in young people, which can weaken a democracy in the long term. Young people with one voice feel more integrated into society and are more likely to remain politically active throughout their lives. Later they are more likely to pass on civic responsibility to future generations. Money, they are still denied the ability to express their political will.

es geht noch weiter aber das ist jz denke ich mal nicht so wichtig

1 Antwort

Vom Fragesteller als hilfreich ausgezeichnet

Unfassbar, wie fleißig du warst, dies abzuschreiben, dabei war der Text verglichen mit manchem anderen gar nicht so schlecht zu lesen!

Hier 3 Beispiele. Ich meine, sie zeigen, wie's geht:

After I had read .. > After reading... I ... (Oder auch: Having read the results ...)

young people who wish to engage ... > young people wishing to engage

While they are allowed to work ...> While being allowed to work they...

Questions265 
Fragesteller
 18.09.2020, 15:44

Dachte mir es käme eher eine Antwort wenn das besser lesbar ist 🙈 Danke für die Antwort hat mir unglaublich geholfen!