Wie macht man beim Englischen das Gerund?

4 Antworten

Vom Fragesteller als hilfreich ausgezeichnet

Hallo,

das Gerund
ist die ing-Form des Verbes.

1 wie ein
Substantiv
kann das Gerund verwendet werden

als
Subjekt
eines Satzes (= Substantivierung)

Beispiele:

Smoking
is strictly forbidden.

Dancing
is great fun.

Going
by train bus takes even longer.

als
Objekt nach bestimmten Verben. Es entspricht oft einem Infinitiv im Deutschen.
Beispiele
: - Can you imagine working at a nuclear power station? = Kannst
du dir vorstellen, in einem Kernkraftwerk zu arbeiten? - They risk losing all
their investments. = Sie riskieren, ihre gesamte Investition zu verlieren. - He
suggested going bey train. = Er schlug vor, mit dem Zug zu fahren. - The travel
agent recommeded booking early. = Das Reisebüro empfahl, früh zu buchen.

als
prädikative Ergänzung nach to be

Beispiel : His favourite activity is
photographing

nach
Präpositionen

Beispiele :

• after calling
her

• before going
to the theatre

• What about
going for a swim?

ein
Possesivadjektiv oder einen Possessive Case bei sich haben

Beispiele :

• Would you
mind my opening the window?

• She did
not object to her brother’s smoking.

2 wie ein
Verb
kann das Gerund verwendet werden

als
direktes Objekt
nach Verben wie enjoy, love, like, go on …)

Beispiele :

• Hans
enjoys living in Munich.

nach
Präpositionen
(Achtung: nach "to" folgt meist der Infinitiv)

nach
folgenden Phrasalen Verben
:

be
for/against, care for, give up, keep on, leave off, look forward to, put off,
see about, take to

nach
bestimmten Verben
:

admit,
anticipate, appreciate, avoid, consider, defer, delay, deny, detest, dislike,
dread, enjoy, escape, excuse, fancy, finish , forgive, imagine, involve, keep,
loathe, mind, miss, pardon, postpone, prevent, propose, recollect, remember,
resent, resist, risk, save, stop, suggest, understand

Beispiel : Do you mind opening the
window?

Das hat viel
mit auswendig lernen zu tun. Das ist auch der Grund, warum man im
Vokabelheft, auf der Karteikarte oder im Vokabeltrainer bei Verben auch immer vermerken
sollte, ob ggf. das Gerund, der to-Infinitiv oder auch beides steht bzw. stehen
kann

Oftmals kann
nach Verben sowohl der to-Infinitiv als auch das Gerund stehen, wobei es zu
einer unterschiedlichen Bedeutung kommt:

Beispiel:

• He stopped
smoking. (Er hat es sich abgewöhnt.)

• He stopped
to smoke (and answered the phone.) (Er hörte auf zu Rauchen, um ans Telefon zu
gehen.)

Hilfe dazu
findest du in jedem guten Grammatikbuch und im Internet bei ego4u.de,
englisch-hilfen.de,

http://www.tutoria.de/wiki/englisch/300/infinitiv-und-gerundium

Jetzt bist du dran, nach dem Motto "Learning by doing".

:-) AstridDerPu

PS: im Voraus

Also den ersten vielleicht 

He doesn't like getting up sometimes in the middle of the night. 

Der satz klingt ein bisschen komisch aber mir fält nix besseres ein wenn das sometimes drin sein muss. Weil so klingt das als ob er manchmal nicht gerne aufsteht aber es ihn die meißte zeit nicht stört mitten in der nacht aufzuwachen.
ich würde das sometimes einfach weglassen. oder aber "He doesn't like how he gets up in the middle of the night sometimes" aber da ist kein gerundium drinne.  

Caitlyn enjoys riding her bike often in the rain. 

Das sind meine vorschläge. 

Ich habe gerade einen eine Einleitung für meinen Englischtext geschrieben, die ich auch gerne bei der Schularbeit so ähnlich schreiben würde, findet ihr sie ok?

It was a rainy afternoon. I was hiking on a nearby mountain. This mountain is densely wooded and at rainy days or at night it can be very scary to be there. In fact, as stupid as it sounds, that is the main reason why I usually decide to hike there. As I said I was often around there at night and also at rainy days but I never was there at a rainy night. So I decided to try something new.

Everything started at 8 p.m. I glanced out of my small bathroom window and saw that it started to rain. After thinking about it for a moment I decided to go for a hike. I packed everything I would need in my big backpack, turned all lights off and went outside. I realized, that the rain became heavier and it thundered. But despite all I locked my door and started the adventure………

...zur Frage

Wie kann man das am besten wörtlich übersetzen?

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.."

...zur Frage

Findet sich jemand der meinen Text auf Rechtschreibung kontrolliert :) (summary: "Bread on the Water")?

Hier ist der Text:

Stations of the action in "Bread on the water"

In the short story "Bread on the water" by David Lubar occur two teenagers: Andy and Tomy. The action begins in the church. Andy behaves so that he will be kicked out of the church - and his best friend Tommy same time. The two friends launched after a man who tells them that he has already eaten quite a while nothing. Andy makes sure that the man gets something to eat. Thereafter, the two friends go back to church and meet with Tommy's parents. Parents grumble from Tommy because he was kicked out of the church. On the way home sees Tommy as Mrs Linden her son spanking and Mrs Skeffington rushes past the old Mrs Wilming without offering her to take them, even though the old woman has her trouble with walking.

The backgrounds in the short story by David Lubar

The saying "action speaks louder than words" - actions tell more than words - plays a significant role in the short story "Bread on the water" by David Lubar. Andy is when he gives the hungry man to get some food. The crucial difference between words and deeds is the visibility. An act can be seen, and indeed for a long time. Words, however, are often spoken in the wind. For one ear, out the other ear, is often said to words. About deeds can not judge so disparagingly one. When eating the hungry homeless is nothing. He wastes no words. The only thing he says is the end: "Thank you". This one word is much in this moment of the story much more important than action. Andy is again, as he is a generous tip, although the service is mismatched.

Dankeschön ;)

...zur Frage

Kann mir jemand dieses Summary korrigieren?

The text 'A life in the day' is written by a 27 years-old man who called Skinnyman and lives in north London. It's a interview in which he describe his course of his day. First he tells that he is addicted to cannabis. He provides the dealer, who make money with the addicts. Because the addicts have'nt got money, they were get guns from dealers to get money for the drugs. His lifestyle is'nt normal, because he don't go sleep when it'snormal. It is indifferent when he sleeps and when he wakes up. Also he mentions that he gets a record deal. He loves music and mostly he writes his lyrics in the night, when he has the best ideas. Because of his record deal he has many haters in the ghetto. Most of the people are jealous because thay think that Skinnyman has money, but it isn't the truth. His life is very problematic. He has often problems with the police and other authorities. But it doesn't cares him. He thinks that only his father can tell him what to do, but he left him and his mother early. Also he explains that all his friends went to prison, so he decides to go another way. Nevertheless he have to go to prison for 2 years, but he did 12 months. The reason for that was a conflict with a memeber of London Underground staff. In conclusion he did it and now he wants to held other young kids. So all in all he loves this place, because it's his home. Therefore he doesn't want to leave.

...zur Frage

Hey, wir sollen diese hier beim Lehre abgeben und es wäre nett, wenn ihr einmal drüberschauen würdet

Summary about the Text “The fall dance“:

These text “The fall dance“is about one boy, who thinks he never would invite to the fall dance in November. The boy, his name is Jose, comes sometimes too late to classes and for this reason he often gets detention, that is why he misses 3 times the maths class in one semester. Jose is not the type of boys, who are popular, he is the type of unpopular boys. In this November is the Fall Dance and girls can choose boys to dance with them. Jose doesn’t think someone would ask him for a date, because he had since grade 7 NO date. But one day a pencil is in his locker, normally only band geeks get pencils. The Pencil is from Brittany, this is one of the cheerleaders. She is famous and looks very hot. But in the afternoon he gets a call by Tiffany. Tiffany is a girl, who looks very good, too. So Jose think both of that two, very hot girls, want a date with him. Tiffany is be peeved about Jose, because she has sending him the pencil, but Brittany has said ‘oh it’s from me’ that’s a lie. Tiffany is very sad, because she really want to go with Jose on a date.

...zur Frage

Charakterisierung Englisch Just Along for a Ride Fehle?!

Wäre lieb, wenn jmnd. drüberschauen könnte und evtl. Fehler findet, Verbesserungsvorschläge...

The story “Just Along for the Ride” by Dennis Kurumada in 1972 is about young boys who dirve in a car and try to flatten a kid. This plan gets out of control and doesn’t turn out well. The main character of the story ”Just Along for a Ride” is a male student, about 16 years old. The protagonist uses everyday language (l.15) He describes himself being “pretty dull” (l.3), because he drives around with his friend who just got his license. In fact he is “cold, damp and bored” (l. 5) what the narrator also tells us directly (the main character is also the narrator. That implies that they aren’t very creative, otherwise he wouldn’t be bored. As the other boys want to flatten a kid he doesn’t agree. On the one hand he has feelings of guilty, he’s a thoughtful person. On the other hand he is scared, which means that he is a careful person and thinks about the consequences. Because of this characteristic he is gibed by his friends. They think that he is a killjoy and not humorous. For example: “You worry too much. Whenever we wanna have some fun, you always chicken out.” (l.15). He isn’t very assertive or strong-minded in the beginning. His friends retune him and oppress him. For instance: “We drive up slow, then swing open the door real fast, and knock the guy on his can,” says Phil (l.10). The protagonist is against it. “You guys are nuts,” he says and “What if they call the cops?” (l.15) Although they still do it. Or in line 34 he wants the driver to stop the car but the driver convinces him that it is necessary to drive on. In the end he feels guilty even if it hasn’t been his idea and he tried to stop the others. That’s why he is really responsible-minded but he also doesn’t want his friends to get in trouble, he’s kind of loyal. He shows his feelings what makes him sensible (l.30). Finally he gets strong-minded and assertive. At night his friends visit him and propose him to forget about the crime. He gets mad and visits the victim, what nobody expects. All in all I think the protagonist is a adorable person. I can identify with the character because it’s realistic how he reacts. Besides I liked it a lot that he did not do what his friends want him to do. He goes his own was and that’s brave. In opposite to the protagonist there’s Phil also a co-driver. He is male, a student and about 16 years old. The first time he says something he cuts off the protagonist (l.8). That’s impolite and not respectful. On top of that he is vicious, careless and sneaky because he has the idea “to drive up to somebody….some kid….and flatten him.”(l.8) He is language is colloquial, e. g. “We wanna have some fun…“ (l.16) and firstly he doesn’t speak fluently (l.8) It seems that he tries to be funny and cool, so the others respect him. In conclusion I think Phil isn’t very authentic and very likeable. I have the impression that he is a daredevil and a false friend.

...zur Frage

Was möchtest Du wissen?