Hallo, ich muss bald ein Referat über Martin Luther King Jr. halten. Ich habe den Text geschrieben den ich sagen möchte, bin mir aber nicht sicher ob ein bestimmter Teil davon korrekt ist und vor allem grammatikalisch richtig.
Wenn da jemand mal drüber schauen könnte wäre das echt nett. Ich wäre sehr dankbar, würde es auch gleich löschen ! Liebe Grüße, carr508
Also: Martin Luther King Jr.
2) To his person:
He was born on the 15th of January in 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia. He was named after his father Martin Luther King, Sr., and lived in a house in the residential area called “Sweet Auburn“ in downtown Atlanta. That was the center of black people in Atlanta and still is.
3) At school he was a very good student, he skipped two grades in High School and attended the Morehouse College at the age of 15, the only College for black people in the southern states. After getting his degree in sociology from Morehouse, he got a divinity degree from Crozer Seminary and then got his doctor´s degree in theology from Boston University.
4) While studying in Boston he met Coretta Scott and in 1953 they married.
9) In 1957 after the success of the Montgomery bus boycott, King and other ministers founded the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC), an organisation formed to provide new leadership for the now upcomming civil rights movement.
10) In the 1960´s King and his organisation started more and more protest marches and demonstrations. Between 1957 and 1968, he travelled over six million miles and spoke over twenty-five hundred times, appearing wherever there was injustice, protest and action. 841 demonstrations were held in 196 towns in the country.
11) Lets move on to the speech of Martin Luther King Jr.:
On the 28th of August in 1963 in Washington D.C. he had his famous speech during a demonstration with over 250.000 people including 60.000 white people. He was always an inspirational and influential speaker. In generaly he spoke about jobs, liberty and equality. The march was a big succes.
14) The same year, in 1964, Martin Luther King was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his work towards social justice and was nominated from the Time Magazine to the “Man of the Year 1964”.
17) This leads me to my next point, which is the Martin Luther King Day:
Today, MLK is an American hero. Because he was the most famous African American in the history of the USA, Americans celebrate him each year in January on his birthday.
Martin Luther king was the most important leaders of the American civil rights movement. He fought for equality of black people in America of the 50´s and 60´s and helped unite a nation with his powerful speeches and use of non-violent protests. All over the United States streets are named for him and most black people still think he was their greatest leader.