Marie Tussaud -
· Marie Tussaud was born at the 1. dezember 1761 in Straßburg.
· her father died in the sevenyears war (Krieg).
· she moved with with her mother to Bern.
· 1767 she moved to Paris with her mother.
· when she was 17 years old she made her first wax figur.
· while the french revolution she was forced (gezwungen) to made wax figurs from
famous victims, for example King Ludwig XVI.
· 1795 Marie married François Tussaud.
· 1798 born her first son Joseph 1800 born François.
· 1800 she divorced (ließ sich scheiden) from her husband.
· 1802 Marie moved to London with Joseph and François.
· 1835 opened 'Madame Tussauds' in the 'Baker Street'.
· when she was 81 she made her last wax figur. The wax figur was Marie Tussaud.
· Then she give the museum her sons.
· She died on 16. April 1850 aged 88 years.
· 1884 the museum moved to the 'Marylebone Road'
· 1925 there was a fire in the museum
· 1928 the museum reopened with a cinema
· at the air battle (Luftschlacht) 1940 a bomb crashed in the museum.
· today are 'Madame Tussauds' in Amsterdam, Berlin, Bangkok, Blackpool,
Hollywood, Hongkong, Las Vegas, New York, Shanghai, Sydney,
Washington D.C. & Wien.
· to the society 'Tussauds Gruop' belong also the 'London Eye' and the 'Heide-Park'
in Soltau and so on.