Amerikanische Staatsbürgerschaft für den Nachwuchs

...komplette Frage anzeigen

4 Antworten

Für die USA reicht es schon, wenn das Kind in einem Flugzeug im Luftraum des Staates geboren wird. Es gilt das Recht des Geburtsortes, das Birthright citizenship in den Staaten

nein. aber macht urlaub in denn staaten kurz bevor der geburt. bekommt dann automatisch amy pass und papiere.

also, ich glaube das es staatsbürger wird wenn es dort auf die welt kommt aber das andere weiß ich nicht :)

Da Du nach Deinem 14. Lebensjahr nicht mindestens zwei Jahre in den USA gelebt hast, bekommt Dein Kind nicht automatisch die US-Staatsbürgerschaft.

Schau mal hier:



Child born out of wedlock to a U.S. citizen father:

A child born abroad out-of-wedlock to a U.S. citizen father and a foreign national mother may acquire U.S. citizenship under Section 301(g) INA, as made applicable by Section 309(a) INA provided that: the citizen parent was physically present in the U.S. for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence in the U.S., two after the age of fourteen is required. For births between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years physical presence in the U.S., five after the age of fourteen, is required for a parent to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child. In addition the applicant must document the following:

  1. A blood relationship between the applicant and the father established by clear and convincing evidence;

  2. The father had the nationality of the United States at the time of the applicant's birth;

  3. The father (unless deceased) has agreed in writing to provide financial support for the person until the applicant reaches the age of 18 years, and

  4. While the claimant is under the age of 18 years:* Applicant is legitimated under the law of their country of residence or domicile,* Father acknowledges paternity of the person in writing and under oath, or* The paternity of the applicant is established by the adjudication of a court


I believe that my child has claim to U.S. citizenship. What next?

If you believe that your child has a claim to U.S. Citizenship, it will be necessary for the U.S. citizen parent to appear in person at the Embassy or Consulate in order to execute an application for a "Consular Report of Birth Abroad" before a consular officer. At that time, a passport application may also be executed. Which Embassy/Consulate serves your area?

To help you prepare for this, we require that the Claim to Citizen Checklist (pdf 173kb) be filled out, signed and brought with on your appointment day.


Children with no claim to U.S. citizenship

What if I do not meet the requirements for transmission of citizenship to my child?

If you believe that your child does not have a claim to U.S. Citizenship please contact the Embassy or Consulate that servers your area for instructions on how to obtain a letter of no-claim to US citizenship.

After receiving the letter of no-claim it may be possible for your child to apply for naturalization or an immigrant visa. Please contact the Department of Homeland Security – USCIS for further information or check the Department of State website: for Child Citizenship Act of 2000 laws and regulations.


Eventuell gibt's aber eine Hintertür (durch eine Einreise des Kindes in die USA vor dem 18. Lebensjahr - google mal nach "Child Citizenship Act")

Was möchtest Du wissen?