All vs Everything?

3 Antworten

Beides korrekt, aber mit "everything" m.E. deutlich besser. Das "that" ist keineswegs falsch, braucht aber nicht verwendet zu werden.

Wie unterscheidet es sich jedoch z.B. zu "All is well that ends well", wo nur "all" verwendet werden darf und "everything" diesbezüglich falsch wäre.

@danGetsU

Nein: "All is well that ends well" ist SHAKESPEARE-English bzw. altes Sprichwort und deshalb nach jetzigen Sprach-Maßstäben veraltet. Außerdem kann man ja auch einen Original-Dramatitel nicht nachträglich verändern.

Ich finde mit Everything wird dem Satz mehr Nachdruck verliehen, im Sinne von:
Jede einzelne Aktion war vergeblich,
statt bei All:
Alles in allem war es vergeblich. Das that würde ich auf keinen Fall benutzen.

Cornelsen meint ohne das "that" wäre es informelle Sprechweise.

zur verstärkten ausdrucksweise: everything

all ist mehr allgemein

Könntet ihr mir bitte diesen Text korrigieren; Englisch?

Marcus is a twelve-year-old boy who his parents separate and so he left Cambridge where they had all been living and moved to London alone with his mother, because his mother found a Job. But that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t see his dad, he visits him regularly and likes his girlfriend Lindsey too. He is worry about two things in life, since they arrive to London, firstly he feels uncomfortable at his new school, because he gets bullied by the kids. Some reasons that make him different is for example he is weird, old-fashioned, has a strange haircut, wears also weird glasses and he listens to unpopular singers like John Mitchell and likes singing too. Also, he doesn’t watch tv or play any computer games because Fiona, his mother, doesn’t allow him. All the kids laugh at him, especially when he suddenly sings during lesson, when he gets nervous. That’s the reason why he doesn’t have any friends and nobody to talk to. Whenever he tries to talk to Nicky and mark, two of his only friends on his new school, get away from him because they are afraid to get bullied too. His second concern is his mum, who is always crying more than in Cambridge, so he wants someone who makes her happy, because he also doesn’t know the reason and tries to know it and suffers from depression. Marcus is described as a shy, polite, naive and unconfident boy. For example, he says that he isn’t the right person for parties because he is shy.

Danke im Voraus

buch: About a boy

...zur Frage

Interpretation des Songs "Video games" von Lana Del Rey

Ich interessiere mich irgendwie für diesen Text, hab das Lied im Radio gehört und der Text kam mir irgendwie interessant vor und ich versuche zu verstehen, was sie mit ihrem Text sagen möchte...

Kann jemand hier einfach schreiben, was die Sängerin seiner Meinung nach mit diesem Text zum Ausdruck bringen möchte?

Vielen Dank im Voraus!

Lana Del Rey – “Video Games” Lyrics / Songtext

Swinging in the backyard Pull up in your fast car Whistling my name

Open up a beer And you take it over here And play a video game

I’m in his favorite sun dress Watching me get undressed Take that body downtown

I say you the bestest Lean in for a big kiss Put his favorite perfume on

Go play a video game

It’s you, it’s you, it’s all for you Everything I do I tell you all the time Heaven is a place on earth with you Tell me all the things you want to do I heard that you like the bad girls Honey, is that true? It’s better than I ever even knew They say that the world was built for two Only worth living if somebody is loving you Baby now you do

Singing in the old bars Swinging with the old stars Living for the fame

Kissing in the blue dark Playing pool and wild darts Video games

He holds me in his big arms Drunk and I am seeing stars This is all I think of

Watching all our friends fall In and out of Old Paul’s This is my idea of fun Playing video games

It’s you, it’s you, it’s all for you Everything I do I tell you all the time Heaven is a place on earth with you Tell me all the things you want to do I heard that you like the bad girls Honey, is that true? It’s better than I ever even knew They say that the world was built for two Only worth living if somebody is loving you Baby now you do

(Now you do)

...zur Frage

Summary von dem Buch Lawn Boy

Hallo,

ich habe ein Summary von dem Buch Lawn Boy geschrieben. Dies brauch ich als Grundlage für eine Buchvorstellung. Es wäre nett, wenn ihr die gröbsten Fehler mir zeigen könntet

In Lawn Boy, the main character is a normal twelve year old teenager. His parents do not have much money. On his twelfth birthday, he gets an old lawn mower that has built his grandad. At the beginning, our main character is not very enthusiastic of this unusual gift and he has problems to start the mower. But when he mows the yard of his neighbor and get $ 20 for it, he is excited about his birthday gift. Other people see this and want to have their garden mowed. The first day he manage 3 gardens, earned 60 dollars and is mandated by six people to mow their gardens. before he falls asleep at night, he thinks about today's day and can not believe  , that he has already earned so much money, but he will still get a lot more dollar. The next morning he eats his breakfast quickly and after that , he beginns to mowing. After his second garden he meets the man Arnold Howell, who is a stockbroker. He says he wants to have mowed his yard, but can pay only 35 dollars, because he is currently unemployed. Arnold  proposes him to do the 35 dollars in stocks. The Lawn Boy is interested in and agrees to mow the garden under these conditions. Before he starts, he is complaining about too many jobs. Arnold wants to help him and offers him to get  a few workers. At night they meet a man named Pasquale, who can bring his cousin as a support for the lawn boy. The next day he met Louis, who is waiting with a car and a lawn mower at arnold. 2 weeks later, 5 people help the Lawn Boy, which are from the family of pasqual. four weeks after he started to mow gardens, it was the first rainy day in this summer. on this day he goes to arnold to talk about his work. Arnold told him that currently 15 people working for him and that he has taken until now 8000 dollars by mowing of gardens. The Lawn Boy can not believe it and thinks it is a joke , but arnold ahead and says that the stocks have become more expensive. He has sold all of them and receive $ 50,000. the lawn boy is speechless and looks out the window. Now he owns 58.000 Dollar. The Lawn boy wants to see the money, but Arnold tells him that he must be 18 or his parents must pick up the money. He also says he has invested all the money into a boxer named joseph.
This boxer comes 15 minutes later at the house of arnold, so he can meet his sponsor. after they had talked a bit, Pasqual storms through the door and says that the workers are threatened by three men who want money.So they go  to the car and drive to the workers. There, the boxerJoseph chase away the bad men. When the Lawn Boy comes home at night, he wants to tell his parents everything, but he does not dare. The next day he wants to go to Arnold as usual, but he sees the three evil men in the house of Arnold, and therefore he runs back home .

...zur Frage

Englisch Grammatik Hilfe Text

Hallo, könnte mal jemand über diesen Text schauen und nach der Grammatik gucken, ob da alles passt? Das wäre toll (;

The role oft he movie industry in the ‘Greyhound Tragedy’ story

Who does not dream to be a star in Hollywood? The girl in the story doing it, she has a big dream. She wants to be a famous personality, like the people in her magazines. Her father has a different opinion, he wants his daughter to deal with real things and marry a young Ford salesman. Her father is he manager of a Penny’s, he knows how the hard, real life goes, therefore he dislike the plan of the girl, also because she is at home for just about 3 years, since she is out of Highshool. From 1929 to 1948 the Great Depression dominate the United States. It began in August 1929, when the United States economy first went into an economic recession. During this time, the desire to become famous in Los Angeles gave many people emotional foodhold. L.A. ist he biggest town in California and the heart oft he movie industry, because of that, this town is so legendary. The girl with the dream only sees the glory, positive site of the famous life. But many stars struggling with depressions, because they are always in public and they have to act perfectly. Every false face, every wrong step, every stupid comment…the press speculate about everything and they publish, what the majority want to read. They tear up their mouths about everything. The girl is oblivious, she wants this wants to be a star and she wants to die like a star - beautiful. Mostly, this are the dreams of the younger generation. The movie industry dizzle them with glitter and glory. There are 3 possibilities how this ends: you become a star, you don’t become a star, or you do not even dare to go to Hollywood and end like the girl in the story, with a great life you don’t want.

...zur Frage

Ich würde mich auf eine Korrektur freuen; Englisch?

Grammatikalisch und wenn ihr auch wollt, sätze ändern bzw. undformilieren usw.

Will Freeman is 36 years old and lives alone in a flat in London. Will's father has written a famous Christmas song. Although Will hates his father's song, it's the reason why he is rich and never has to work or worry about money. All in all, Will is lonely, he neither is in a serious relationship or has a family or real friends, besides John and Christine. He is described as a handsome and attractive man. In his free time, he likes to travel to Europe, watch's TV and listens to music like Nirvana. He also drives fast cars. To sum it up, we can say that Will wants a simple life without any problems that would be like that. The relationships were always short and he never gets involves in them. One of his relationships, is with a single mother called Angie, that works well, but problems come soon, so Will wants to end the relationship, but Angie ends it, which make Will happy because he doesn’t have to feel guilty. Moreover, Will hates children. From his point of view having children is responsible and makes someone unhappy. He also refuses to be a godfather of his friends' children. Another example is that he pretends in SPAT as a single father with a kid to get to know single mothers and doesn't care about the results of his actions. This behavior clearly indicates that he has no responsibility, is shallow, easy-going, selfish and sometimes rude. At a SPAT meeting in the park, Will meets Marcus, a boy with problems and concern, that a friendship evolved between them when he also defends and helps Marcus, for example when Marcus kills a duck or gets bullied in the front of Wills door, although they don't like each other. In the beginning, Will is very rude to Marcus when he visits him regularly. But he begins to realize that he might be useful for the first time in his life, so at this moment a big change has come in his life. Will begins to understand Marcus and his problems and he decides to support him. When Will meets Rachel starts to fall in love with her. He wants to spend the rest of his life with her and he is finally ready to have a serious relationship with a woman. So, he pretends here also, that he has a son called Marcus and arrange a meeting, to make him more interesting. After the lie comes out, he talks with her about his worries with Fiona and Marcus. She helps him how to act in these situations. In the end, Will have to make a big change when he meets Fiona and Marcus, opposite of his first character. The friendship with Marcus and the relationship with Rachel has changed Will’s life forever, he becomes more compassionate and humane. He now cares about other people and for the first time, he takes responsibility for his actions. His life is not uninteresting and useless anymore and he feels that he actually serves some purpose in people’s life.

Danke im Voraus

...zur Frage

Was möchtest Du wissen?