Frage von moerve, 36

Können Sie meine Grammatik korrigieren (Englisch)?

In the text "The Tortilla Curtain" By T. Coraghessan Boyle Jack is of the opinion that illegal immigrants are useless and that immigrants cost a lot of money. He said that the US accepted more immigrants than all the other countries of the world combined. Thus, he thinks that times have changed and the "boat" is full and also immigrants cause crime. He sees the people who have no education, no resources, no abilities as dangerous one. But on the other hand he thinks that the migrants are okay when they have skills and jobs.

But I do not think like Jack. In my personal opinion I think that everyone should have the right to settle down whereever they want to. Everybody is an immigrant from somewhere and will assimilate and so everybody deserves a chance. But also in my opinion the migrants should adapt themselves in the affected country, whilethey work and the children go to school. Durch die Schule kann man sich bilden und somit auch die Bildungsquote vom Land erhöhen. Everyone should be able to stand on two legs no matter where they live. The people should know where her strengths are and try to become successful in the direction. There are many professions. One have to only want to work. For me it is important that one work but also tries to develop to day from the day. Thus, one is active in the country. There is a saying that I like very much and which I think is very important and this is so: man bekommt nichts vorgebraten/vorgebraten. Thus, that wants to express that one should not expect anything from others.

Antwort
von Herb3472, 8

In the text "The Tortilla Curtain" By T. Coraghessan

Jack’s opinion is that illegal immigrants are useless, and that immigrants cost a lot of money. He sais that the U.S. accept more immigrants than all other countries in the world together.

Thus he thinks, that times have changed, „enough is enough“, and that immigrants cause crimes, too. He sees the people having no education, no resources, no abilities than dangerous ones. But on the other hand he thinks, that the migrants are okay when they have skills and jobs.

But I myself do not think like Jack. In my personal opinion I think, that everyone should have the right to settle down wherever he wants to. Everybody is an immigrant coming from somewhere else and will have to assimilate, and therefore everybody deserves a chance. But it is also my opinion, that the migrants should integrate themselves in the society of the country they live in, while they do their work and their children go to school. By attending school one can acquire education thus increasing the educational level in that country.

Everyone should be able firmly to stand on the ground wherever he lives. People should be aware of their skills and make every effort to be successful. There are many opportunities, if one really wants to work. For me it is important that people do not only do their work, but also try to increase their personality and their skills everyday, thus being an active member of the society.

They say that I want very much and what I think is very important: there is no such thing as a free lunch. Thus I want to express that one should not expect anything for free from the others.

Expertenantwort
von AstridDerPu, Community-Experte für Englisch, 13
In the text "The Tortilla Curtain" By (RS) T. Coraghessan Boyle (Komma) Jack

is of the opinion that illegal immigrants are useless and that immigrants cost a lot of money. He said (Zeit) that the US accepted (Zeit) more
immigrants than all the other countries of (Präposition) the world combined (Wort). Thus, he  thinks that times have changed and the "boat" is full and also (Stil)
immigrants cause crime. He sees the people who have no education, no
resources, no abilities as dangerous one (Grammatik). But on the other hand (Komma) he thinks that the migrants are okay when they have skills and jobs.

But I do not think like Jack. In my personal opinion (Komma) I think that
everyone should have the right to settle down whereever they want to.
Everybody is an immigrant from somewhere and will assimilate and so
everybody deserves a chance. But also in my opinion (Stil) (---) migrants should
adapt themselves in (Präposition) the affected (Wort) country, while (Wort) they work and the children go to school.

Durch die Schule kann man sich bilden und somit auch die Bildungsquote vom Land erhöhen.

Everyone should be able to stand on two legs (Wendung) no matter where they live. (---) people should know where her (Grammatik, Pronomen) strengths are and try to become (Ich bevorzuge "be") successful in the direction (Wendung).
There are many professions. One (Ich bevorzuge "you") have to only want to work. (Word Order) For me it is  important that one (s.o.) work but also tries to develop to day from the day (Das ergibt keinen Sinn.).
Thus (Wort), one (s.o.) is active in the country. There is a saying that I like very
much and which I think is very important and this is so (Wendung):

man bekommt nichts vorgebraten/vorgebraten. (---) that wants to express (Wendung) that one (s.o.) should not expect anything from others (Ich bevorzuge "other people").

Für meinen Geschmack verwendest du zu oft thus.

Das Fettgedruckte muss korrigiert werden. Ich hoffe, ich habe nichts übersehen.

Für das Vokabular und die Rechtschreibung empfehle ich ein gutes (online) Wörterbuch, z.B. pons.com, für die Grammatik ego4u.de und englisch-hilfen.de - und Finger weg vom Google Übelsetzer und seinen tr.tteligen Kollegen!.

:-) AstridDerPu

Keine passende Antwort gefunden?

Fragen Sie die Community

Weitere Fragen mit Antworten